We love Mexican food and we are always on the lookout for ways to get our fix and stay Keto. These poppers take a little bit to prepare but they are so yummy. Tweak these however you want.
Servings: 6 people
- 12 Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 or more cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 12 slices bacon Cut In Half
- 1/4 pound Chorizo Optional
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese together in a bowl.
- If you are using Chorizo, scramble over medium heat until done. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the tops off the Jalapeños and slice in half. Scrap the seeds out with a spoon. It's a good idea to wear gloves to prevent skin agitation later.
- Cut bacon in half.
- Fill each Jalapeño half with the cream cheese mixture, then chorizo, and then wrap with a half piece of bacon. You can use a toothpick to hold in place if desired. You will also, stretch the bacon as you wrap the slice.
- Place on a cookie sheet and back for about 10 - 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy.